Friday, October 24, 2008

High School Musical 3


HSM 3 opened in Frankfurt last night. One day sooner than it does in the States. That means I get one whole extra day to have those songs stuck in my head. And one extra day to have Kayla continually ask when it comes out on DVD.
So Brice and I played the part of good parents and took Caden and Kayla to see it. We went downtown to the English Theater (slimy, old and smelly) because we don't speak us no German. While Caden tolerated it, I don't think Kayla blinked once. This is her kinda thing and yes I'm glad that it ISN'T Caden's. If I didn't have kids, this movie wouldn't be my cup of tea but it is nice to have a family movie that the kids enjoy.
I read that it is estimated to gross $40 million it's opening weekend, so we were expecting a large crowd. I guess Europe just isn't on board the HSM band wagon because there were only 10 others in the theater. Of course it could be that they prefer to watch it in their own language.....possibly the German theaters were full.
So now we will be buying the soundtrack because my 4 year old daughter needs a few more love ballads to learn.

No comments: