Monday, November 3, 2008

More Italy

So when Brice and I planned our trip to Italy, we wanted to do nothing but relax. We didn't want to sight see or be pressured to do anything....mission accomplished. In fact, when we were checking in at the Frankfurt airport I looked around in disbelief. I couldn't believe that I only had my purse and a magazine with me. No kids, strollers, car seats or diaper bags......it was just the two of us. I think I would have been happy just hanging out at the airport for 4 days!

Of course Sicily was wonderful. Beautiful weather, beautiful language, beautiful people, delicious food and charming ambiance.

This is the town center where we would sit for hours listening to Italian music and watching all the people.

Brice and I on our bench people watching and soaking up the sun.

There were some very beautiful buildings that we went in. This is inside of a church.





Brice and I eating gelato. We ate a lot of it......More than once a day....every day. It was sooooo good!



Charming little pizzeria we had lunch in.




Thank you again to my mom and sister for watching the kids. Although I missed the kids (just a little) it was so hard to come home. I could have stayed another few days, but work and life demands brought us home away from our little slice of serenity. I defiantly have the travel bug and can see a few more getaways in the remainder of our stay in Europe.




1 comment:

Mama Oak said...

That looks AmAZinG!!! What a treat to get away. Do you realize how extraordinary it is to have a picture of "mom and dad" together? Usually it is us taking a picture of our hubs and the kids, or dad taking a picture of mom & kids with some cool backdrop -- but NEVER wife & hubs together anymore! Cherish those beautiful photos:)