Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Flight Home


We woke at 5 am to make it to the airport. Made it there with plenty of time to spare. After rearranging our massive suitcases a bit to meet the weight limit we board with ease. We had not even been on the plane for 5 minutes when the mechanic had to be called because of .......Avery. She broke the tray table before we even took off.
The industrial tape seem like a good fix at the time, but about 4 hours into the 9 hour flight it was coming loose and kept falling on me. Yes, of course I had to sit in the seat with the broken tray. It was extra special getting to eat my meals on my lap.

I'm guilty and I don't care one bit.

Caden and Kayla were amazing during the entire flight. They kept themselves pretty entertained with music and the things in their backpacks.


Even this little stinkbug was a gem. She was really good despite the fact that she didn't sleep for even 1 minute. I tried and even gave her a little liquid help, but she was having way too much fun to sleep.

When we were making our decent into SLC Avery finally fell asleep. Gee thanks.

The kids ended up staying awake for 21 hours straight. I was so proud of them.

No comments: