Thursday, September 11, 2008

Avery

So I thought I would give a little update on what the kids are up to lately. Avery is first.

She has started walking and is getting pretty good. I don't think I have seen her crawl in a few days, so I think she will be upright from here on out. She still wobbles a bit so there are lots of falls if the ground is uneven (like outside) but she gets right back up and keeps going.

She is also talking all of the time. I don't understand any of it, but she's constantly making noise. Maybe she's speaking German. I wouldn't know. Some of her words that are in English are ma ma, da da, ah oh, ni ni (night night), no no, up, bye bye and flabbergasted.

She also loves to point and grunt but is known to reach and grunt on occasion. She is so curious about things around her that she can't explore them fast enough. She can completely destroy the house in a matter of minutes. She goes from room to room emptying out anything she can open.

She is also playing the awesome baby game of grab and drop. She forcefully grabs things out of my hands only to drop them. This is especially fun when walking up 3 flights of stairs.

Oddly she has a strange obsession with Luna Bars. She doesn't like to eat them, but likes to carry them around. One in each hand. They are in a cabinet that she can reach, so she will take a new one anytime she has misplaced one somewhere in the house. At the end of the day I usually find 5 or 6 that I have to put away. I just think they fit well in her hands and she likes the shiny, crinkly wrapper.

She can wave hi and bye, play "so big" and plays peek a boo with one hand.

All in all she is a very sweet and good baby. She hardly fusses and is just a happy child. She has more energy than any 1 year old I have ever met. I swear she has an invisible cord that keeps her plugged into the wall. She wears me out, but is sooooo worth it.


No comments: