Saturday, September 20, 2008

Finally


Caden finally lost his first tooth last Saturday. Thus entering that awkward mismatched, snaggaly tooth stage.


Amazing how something so gross can be so exciting to him.

While thinking about this new stage of physical change Caden will be entering in I came to this conclusion. I have met very few 7-13 aged boys that I didn't find a bit annoying. For some reason it is just hard to not be hyper and obnoxious and a bit defiant. I have met a few cool kids at this age, but not many. So while I know I will always love Caden, I just really hope I still like him for the next few years. I'm guessing I will.

And for the record, I forgot to put something under his pillow until he came downstairs at 6:30 to tell me the tooth fairy hadn't come yet. I did feel bad, but was irritated that he woke me up so early on a Sunday morning. I immediately placed the blame away from me and said that she must be busy, or maybe she came and his eyes were open. I sent him back upstairs to go back to sleep with the promise that she will come soon if he closes his eyes. I waited a few minutes and snuck it under his pillow. No....he never went back to sleep.

2 comments:

lelu said...

I'm glad that our house isn't the only one the tooth fairy forgets to come to. We've had lots of early morning visits too!

Love your blog. It's great to catch up on you and your family!

Le

Kim said...

YEAH CADEN!!!