Thursday, July 24, 2008

Daytrip

My friend Liz and I took a daytrip to Marburg, Germany today. I am always a little hesitant to take the kids on trips that involve riding in the car for more that 20 minutes or that require them to walk more than 10 feet. I always picture a day of complaining and whining and gnashing of teeth. I should give them more credit because they do just fine and today they came through for me and we had a wonderful time. There wasn't any complaining on the hour drive and the kids walked for over 4 hours.....and had a blast.
This is a picture I took from the car as we pulled into the town. We walked up to this castle. Yes, we walked all the way up there. It was a very long and very steep walk.
This is the Market Place. It is an open market with many charming buildings and restaurants. We had pizza and spaghetti for lunch at a little Italian place.
Me and the kids (minus baby Anna) in front of a cool door.
Benson and Caden taking a drink from the hog's mouth. Beautiful stain glass window.

No comments: