Friday, July 4, 2008

Ummmm, sorry Caden.

So, much to my chagrin, Caden is obsessed with Pokemon trading cards. It is something he picked up from the school bus. And since I love to make my kids happy, I agreed to let him get some. Well, 200+ trading cards later, I really miss his obsession with crocodiles. These cards drive me insane. I am either always picking them up, or being asked when we can buy some new cards, or being asked some math question to see how powerful a card is. Well let me tell you, they are very powerful. They work wonders when used as leverage. Caden will do just about anything I ask him to do if the promise to buy or the threat to take away Pokemon cards is put on the table.
He has been collecting them for a while and has his favorite, post powerful, must be with him 24/7 or he will turn to ashes, set of cards. They are the product of much trading and even more begging. He had them with him when we were out to dinner a few weeks ago and left them in his short's pocket when he got ready for bed. Yea, you know where this is going.



They got washed!!!!



He was very upset and shed some tears. I really did feel bad because I knew how much he liked them. But I softened the blow with the promise to buy him some new ones to try and replace the destroyed ones. He seems to be ok with that. We are patiently awaiting some new and very powerful ones to come in the mail......and I think he just might survive!

No comments: