Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

What a wonderful day. Every year my only gift request for Mother's Day, is the gift of time. I just want the day off. Not necessarily the day away from my kids, because I love to be around them on Mother's Day, but off from the normal daily tasks that aren't so fun.
Brice always comes through and gets up with the kids, feeds them, gets them dressed, does dishes, housework, gives them all the attention the are begging for. I can just sit back and "enjoy" them without all of the fighting and bickering.
However this year he was extra wonderful. My friend Kim has been wanting to get away for Memorial Day for a moms only trip. But because of the Paris and Amsterdam trips Brice and I recently took and the family vacation we are taking in July, we decided that a mom's trip just wasn't in the budget. So for Mother's Day Brice secretly told Kim that I am on board for the trip and surprised me with the news. We are for sure where we are going, but at the top of the list is Palma de Mallorca. Doesn't it look sooooo relaxing!


Me and the kids today.


Sweet bouquet of candy flowers the kids made at church for me.
(Of course, as Primary President I made all of the flowers for them to assemble, but it was still nice to reap the rewards of my labor)


Heartfelt letter Caden wrote to me.
He also painted me a picture of a beautiful butterfly.



Front few of the "breakfast in a bag" from Kayla.



My breakfast :)
This afternoon we spent hours in the back playing with the kids as they rode bikes, played soccer, watered our flowers and just enjoying being a family. I feel very blessed to have 3 beautiful children and an amazing husband.
Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms I know and love.



1 comment:

Shanan said...

I hope you and Kim have such a good time on your Girls trip. Soak up some sun for me too!!!