Friday, May 15, 2009

My Fallen Apple

They say "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree". Truer words were never spoken when it comes to my sweet Kayla. She is just like me...good and bad. She is extremely independent and not only doesn't want/need help with things, she can get upset when given unsolicited help. When ever she gets upset with me for helping her do something, I usually apologize for not asking first and then say, "I know just how you feel, you are just like mommy." Her independence is extremely evident in her appearance. She always picks out her own clothes and dresses herself and always wants to "fix" her own hair. I usually don't mind and let her do her own thing, except in a few instances.....like school pictures.
Yes, I picked out her clothes and fixed her hair. She did not like it at all, but went along because I had been telling her for a few days that it was going to happen.



She looks cute huh? I think so. Kayla will usually fix her hair with a simple headband, but sometimes she throws in a little something extra.....like a half ponytail in a clip. I have no idea where she gets it, or why she likes it, but to each her own.




Notice the hair-in-face look


Behold the half ponytail.
To prove my point again, just notice the hair sported in the picture below. It is hard to tell because my hair is dark, but I too have my hair pulled back on one side and a nice big fly back on the other. I did my own hair and little sister's hair....FOR FAMILY PICTURES.





1 comment:

Shauna said...

Not to mention that she looks more and more like you everyday.

At least my hair looked good, can't say much for that outfit.