Friday, May 22, 2009

Paris09

I finally got my pictures back from the pathetic disposable camera I had to buy in Paris. Picture quality is obviously lacking, but at least our memories have been captured.


The last time I went to Paris I went with my sister and Caden. We did a lot of walking and saw a lot of sights, but went at a much slower pace than Brice and I did in April.


I can not even guess how many steps we went up. Over 700 just at The Eiffel Tower, plus all of the other sights and a ton navigating the subway. We walked miles and miles (mostly up and down the Champs -Elysées). We were really tired, but had a wonderful time. I am so glad that I got to see this amazing city again with Brice.



The Sacre Coeur




"Venus de Milo" at The Louvre




Arc de Triomphe - Located at the western end of the Champs-Elysées






Notre Dame Cathedral




Eiffel Tower



The line at the Eiffel Tower


View from 700+ stairs up the Tower






Tower at night


Notre Dame


Notre Dame

W also visited the Sainte -Chapelle which has the most amazing stained glass.
We were in Paris over Easter weekend. So you can imagine being at some of the most famous churches in the world over a religious holiday. It was very, very crowed. We didn't mind because it gave us more people to watch. Our trip highlights were having an fabulous lunch on the Champs=Elysees and the view from the Eiffel Tower.

No comments: